Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Does Autism Come Bundled with Allergy Problems?

I have spent a good part of the last ten years abusing my body with chemical junk. Additives, sugar, hydrogenated trans fats ... yuck yuck yuck ... it has left me obese and grouse - thankfully I am undoing a lot of that patterned behaviour of self abuse.

A side effect of all that exposure to chemical additives in my food however has resulted in my being sensitised to a lot of different things - particularly along the lines of body products.

I bought a night cream just recently - and thought how lovely it smelled - and smoothed it all over myself before I went to sleep. The next day my husband came home and asked me what the heck I had done to my face!!! It was all red and it had started to blister and peel - so I have stopped using that product.

The ingredient list reads like a commercial chemical laboratory. So, I went to the health food store today and purchased an all organic, chemical free, not tested on animals night cream. It has all kinds of things like grape seed oil, jojoba oil, shea butter and rosehip oil. I thought why not give it a try - what can it hurt??

So, I figure I have pretty much now decided to join the natural revolution. This summer I am going to be planting myself a vegetable garden & take much delight in knowing that I can grow my own vegies without chemical additives.

I also bought myself a natural health book. And I have also signed up to study naturopathy.

This chemical sensitivity and allergy thing isn't a joke - it is very real - and can be quite frightening. My brother cannot work in his trade properly because he is allergic to the chemicals that they use.

I remember a really awful incident where my brother went and got himself a burger from a large chain takeaway store, and after he ate the burger his neck swelled up and he couldn't breathe!!!

I know that many years ago when I started work after leaving school, and studying part time, I was doing fibreglassing - I ended up being sick in my air filtration mask, and with rashes all up my arms from the chemicals. I ended up having to leave due to ill health from the chemicals.

I used to think that I got bad dandruff - turns out I actually have psoriasis on my scalp. My son has psoriasis on his scalp too.

I can't use a lot of cleaning chemicals, because they make me wheeze, and I noticed that when the floral carnival was on in town, my youngest son's eyes ended up red and inflamed from all the pollens flying around, and he was also wheezing.

I tried a deodorant recently, and it stung and burned like crazy - I had to wash it off.

I remember a lady I met a number of months ago saying that she had a clean diet and that it helped her greatly.

Come to think of it - my cats now can only eat a Bones and Raw Food Diet (Barf Diet). With the dry food or the canned food they ended up spewing it up all over the place, or having really smelly and loose stools, and excessive thirst.

Seems a little more than coincidental that since I put them on a BARF diet they have stopped all the bad gastric symptoms and are much happier within themselves.

And since reducing pretty much down to almost no processed food whatsoever - my liver has perfect function.

Interesting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment