Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh the futility of the human existence without its Creator ...

Who really wants to just go through the motions of the everyday experience?

Atheism just doesn't cut it for me ... how a person could look at all the complexity, beauty and fearsome things that are here on planet earth ... and all the undiscovered depths of the sea, and the telescopes that we have sent up into space to look at the vastness of space ...

How could one deny the existence of such an amazingly creative and skilful artisan. The very fact that we have life breathed into us and how a foetus survives against such incredible odds to be brought out into the world from such a microscopic scale and then scream his first breath ...

And to think that the Creator sent His only son to redeem us whilst we had turned our backs on the wondrous and merciful, and kind, and beautiful, and just amazing Individual - I am.

He sent His only precious Son, He is and was there from the foundation of the world, and through whom all things were created, and He came here in the form of a small, helpless human being, yet still God - dependent on a woman for His survival, entrusted to the care of a human, and then as His Father watched over Him as he grew in His humanity, and then he ended up being betrayed and slaughtered for all of our sakes.

I choose you Lord, only because You first chose me. You came to redeem me out of the drudgery and slop of the human existence, and out of the quagmire of my disgrace, and only through You am I able to make it through the day; without You there is nothing. For indeed I will write on my hand ... belonging to the Lord. Thankyou, Almighty God, my Father, Daddy, My Lord, My Amazing Saviour Jesus, thankyou for your mercy, grace and unending love. Thankyou that you called us to victory through You. Jesus may your light shine upon this world. Bring it forth ever brighter. My prayer is that every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that You are the Son of the Most High, Ruler of All Nations, King and Merciful Saviour. May Your will be done on this earth, now and until the end of time.

Thankyou for sending The Comforter, My Holy Wonderful Friend, Who provides wisdom and strength and carries me through when the things are so tough I don't feel like I will make it.

I will make it though, because You have given me wings to fly. Through Your redeeming mercy I have come to a place of wonder and awe ... oh to step into Your presence I so desire.

Amen. Do the heavens declare that it is You, only You.

No comments:

Post a Comment