Monday, September 20, 2010

The Benefits of a Declutter

Today I feel that I have achieved something! I decided that I would get in and do a declutter of my bathroom toiletries supply cupboard. I had a whole lot of stuff in there. I brought it all out, put it in a box, and went through and chucked out all the old out of date stuff, all the stuff that was no good, and I found a treasure trove - that will save me a fortune in buying more stuff - when I already have it!!
I found deodorants, razors, shaving cream, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes and mouthwash - all kinds of things. I am now in the process of putting together an inventory, and this will be my list of things NOT to buy :-)
A don't buy list is a great idea, because more than likely, if you haven't checked - you are wasting your money when you already have something.
It only took me about 30 minutes to go through it all and sort it out. I had some baskets that I could put all the sorted categories into (I thought I would need to get some but I already had those as well!) and I even set myself out a pamper station with all kinds of goodies that I can have a luxurious spa at home experience - all without having to go out and buy new stuff! So I have saved myself a load of money, and will not waste the resources I already have! *If you don't know how to declutter, and would like to develop organisation and routines - I recommend joining Flylady - she is great and very encouraging. I have her declutter kit, and have bought her book Sink Reflections. She really is quite good. There are other organisation sites around - check out a search engine. For Flylady's helpful hints - go to www.flylady.net.
And save yourself a whole load of time and money and resources!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment