Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A quick healthy pick me up with the kids

I was feeling pretty blah this morning. I looked over my food diary from yesterday - and in it I noted that I had zilch fruit or vegetable!!!
I had a lapband done in 2007, and have had a battle to get co-operating with it, not to say that I hate having it, I love it, and would do it all again - but it sure needs the support of a good allied health team to keep cheering you on - at least that is what I have found with mine :-)
When I feel stressed, my band tightens right up, and I just can't eat ... so yesterday I had some Up & Gos, (a breakfast shake) http://www.upandgo.com.au/ - if you want to check them out - they are awfully handy :-)
I did my strength training workout last night while I was watching a Joyce Meyer DVD on "Letting Go and Letting God." I found it very encouraging, as I have been a little stressed lately - I think I have been trying to achieve too much and don't have the time or resources at the moment to do it ... or rather it isn't the right time LOL.
My eldest son had a sleepover with his best (and really only) friend last night, and it was a late night. His mum came to get him this morning, and she fell asleep on the couch - cause she wasn't feeling too flash either LOL.
Well, the benefit of keeping a food and exercise diary is fantastic - it keeps me accountable, and it helps keep me on track. I decided that instead of driving to the post office (which isn't really environmentally friendly!!) I would get my shoes on, grab the kids and head off to the post office. While we were at the small convenience shopping centre, I went in and grabbed some bananas and strawberries that were on sale. I made sure I took some water in a refillable bottle (I recommend BPA free ones!!) and then the kids and I sat down on the grass in front of the store whilst we had our fruity picnic.
Anyway, fast forward to now, and I am feeling a whole lot better! So some physical activity and some nutritious food, and keeping myself well hydrated are great energy fixes!!! (I don't drink so much coffee as what I used to - I only tend to have one cup a day now ... I have gone from about 12 cups a day to one cup a day! If I have too much caffeine I get jittery LOL). The back is much better too. The physiotherapist told me to get up and move around (I am studying an accounting certificate so sit in front of the computer a bit) and stretch and keep mobile - she said that will help with my back pain. Man I love the physio. If you do suffer from the blahs from lack of energy, and get a sore back - go and see a health care practitioner - I have found mine extremely helpful in helping me to keep well, and mobile, and more energetic through healthy ways instead of energy drinks that I was very very badly addicted to about 18 months ago :-) *Cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment