Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sometimes it's just dang hard ...

Woke up this morning, after watching a really depressing documentary on SBS Australia last night - Sir David Attenborough - How Many People Can Live on Planet Earth? So I scoured the online bookstore for books on how to reduce my carbon footprint, and then went to bed. This morning I woke up to my one son watching the big plasma TV, and the other kid on the Xbox playing Halo Reach. I mooched into the kitchen, made myself a cup of hot cocoa, and then sorted out some washing. I also loaded up my husband's computer, to discover that the processor is idling on 50 %, and the physical memory is up quite a bit - so I let him know that I will have to do a back up and reinstall.
It is a dreary day, and its hard to get the clothes dry on a day like today, so I am regrettably loading some of them into the dryer.
The cats wrecked one of my clothes drying racks when they jumped on it and sat on it when it was drying off some towels, so I am going to try to tape it back together and see if it holds the weight of some wet washing.
Right now, my son is telling me that I hate him, because I told him he wasn't having a sleepover with his friend. Apparently also I am dumb, because I have a mood disorder as well *cringe*
I asked my son to empty the dishwasher - apparently I do nothing around here - hmmm - aside from balancing the cheque book, doing the washing, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the toilet, cooking meals, making lunch ...
"You're dumb" ... its moments like this that make me want to throw everything in and walk away - but I can't - I made the choices to get married and have these two kids. I am committed. I am also committed to trying to make this a better day - right now I am not sure how. My son wants me to wrap him up *back in a sec*
"Wrap him up! That's weird!" you might be thinking now - actually when my eldest son with Autism was a youngster the occupational therapist told me to wrap him in a doona, place some cushions on him and lie on him for the deep pressure which would subsequently calm him down. Seems to work reasonably quickly.
My drying rack looks a little sad - so I guess its off to the dollar store for me to buy a new one - which is kind of ironic - buying something new is consumption, but it will reduce my greenhouse emissions through not running the dryer. Ahhhhhhhh - retail therapy ....
I also need to check out the price of repairing our mower ... instead of getting a new one ... hmmmm
Can I turn this day into a better one considering the lousy start it got off to ... hmmm things to be thankful for! That I have an education and a roof over my head, food to cook ... that I have two beautiful wonderful sons and a loving husband ... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment