Friday, September 24, 2010

PUH-LEASE! Wil you ditch the word stupid ...?!!!!

For a long time in my household, I have put a permanent ban on the word "stupid." It irks me no end in fact. But that doesn't stop other comments like "you're soooooo dumb" or "you must be one of God's mistakes ..." (don't even get me started there).

An attitude like that in a household can really affect the mindsets of the kids and adults in a household ... growing up in a household with constant denigration did in my case lead to self harm, and hatred of who I was. It has taken a lot of years of therapy, prayer, dealing with bitterness, learning how to forgive ... let go ... and move on, to move past all the denigration.

One of the reasons I don't generally turn on the evening news a whole lot (if ever - I can't really recall the last time it was on) is because it is full of negativity, and having Aspergers, one can tend to ruminate on the negative and depressing situations and themes - not generally a good thing to do.

So after all the Saturday morning chaos - I am shouting "can we PUHLEASE press the reset button" and haven an attitude of encouragement and positivity in this household ... thankyou guys!!!

I have made up my mind I am going to walk in love ... and have a nice day ... *cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment